Volume 81, Issue 12, Aug 4, 2023
“Over the course of the next year, South Dakota Wing will sharpen
all aspects of our Emergency Services capabilities.”
Commander's Emphasis Items
- Col Marek has announced several Wing Staff staff changes (Read about them).
-- Also see updated wing organizational chart.
- Thank you to members working the recent events, including the Sioux Falls Airshow and Discover Aviation Day.
(Remember to always get your receipts submitted to Wing HQ promptly, for fuel and any other expenses or reimbursement requests)
- Remember to send Wing HQ mail to the PO Box to protect checks and other documents:
SD Wing Headquarters
PO Box 335
Box Elder, SD 57719-9998
- Have you ever considered being a Wing Commander? If the answer is “YES” then you should consider attending this online region seminar August 26-27! (Register here)
- North Central Region Cadet Competition Academy - This virtual Cadet Competition Academy from 25-27 August fosters more efficient, more competitive, and more consistent competitions across the region in three tracks: Cadet Competitors- Senior Escorts- Judges/Project Directors. Participant interest form: https://forms.gle/wNPyzrrn7qMyq1TK6 Instructor interest form:https://forms.gle/dhT2vBXDsw6xXp6x5 Forward any questions to C/Col Justin Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org
National has added a link on every CAP website entitled "Ways to Give." It takes visitors to a special sdwg.cap.org page. There are limitations on fundraising via a .GOV website. Squadron websites have a link similar to a ".ORG" page.
- The current Cadet Advisory Council term ends 30 September. Squadron commanders have received information about applications for the region and national CACs, and about squadron appointments of primary and alternate wing CAC representatives.
SDWG cadets will perform a color guard ceremony on August 13 for the Daughters of the American Revolution annual picnic in Sioux Falls.
SDEA Summer Academy. Col Mary Donley and Lt Col Bill Strandell presented an hour-long breakout session at this conference of educators. At least 18 teachers attending expressed interest in Aerospace Education membership.
- Funding is still available from the July SAREX through the end of August. Contact DO/ES concerning additional training.
Promotions are based on NHQ reports notifications 4 June to 1 August. Ceremonies may still be pending.
- Level 1: Daniel Ehrics, Stephanie Hopkins, Sibi Manian
- Level 2, Part 1: Sibi Manian, Skye Timmer, Michele Flaherty, Jerry Dayton
- C/Amn William Fogarty, Achievement 1, 13 Jun 2023
- C/CMSgt Joshua Renner, Achievement 7, 01 Jul 2023
- C/MSgt Byron Wengert, Achievement 5, 11 Jul 2023
- C/CMSgt Lillian Williams, Achievement 7, 11 Jul 2023
- C/SMSgt Joanna Garland, Achievement 6, 29 Jun 2023
- C/CMSgt Morgan Gingerich, Achievement 7, 08 Jun 2023
- C/SSgt Thomas Mitchell Houghton III, Wright Brothers, 13 Jul 2023
- C/CMSgt Seth Johnson, Achievement 8, 08 Jun 2023
- C/1stLt Josiah Kilburn, Achievement 10, 13 Jun 2023
- C/A1C Hunter Parker, Achievement 2, 15 Jun 2023
- C/SrA Colton Schlecht, Achievement 3, 29 Jun 2023
- C/SrA Noah Calvert, Achievement 3, 28 Jun 2023
- C/Amn Micah Rounds, Achievement 1, 28 Jun 2023
- C/TSgt Selina Valeros, Achievement 4, 27 Jul 2023
- C/1Lt Ethan Den Hoed, Achievement 11, 14 Jun 2023
- C/Amn Rhett Kobernusz, Achievement 1, 26 Jun 2023
- C/MSgt Alex Newman, Achievement 5, 15 Jun 2023
- C/2Lt Kaleb Sarchet, Achievement 9, 12 Jul 2023
- C/A1C Kaiden Sherwood, Achievement 2, 20 Jul 2023
- C/A1C Ashlynn Shutes, Achievement 2, 19 Jun 2023
- C/Amn Timothy Smith, Achievement 1, 22 Jun 2023
- C/Capt Zephaniah Tolliver, Amelia Earhart Award, 27 Jul 2023
- C/SSgt Tyson Springman, Wright Brothers, 08 Jun 2023
- C/Capt Mitchell Trias, Achievement 12, 22 Jun 2023
- C/SMSgt Esten Biegert, Achievement 6, 11 Jul 2023
- C/TSgt Bailey Brott, Achievement 4, 05 Jun 2023
- C/MSgt Samuel Brott, Achievement 5, 05 Jun 2023
- C/SSgt Ian Johnson, Wright Brothers, 06 Jul 2023
Upcoming Events Summary
The SDWG Internal Master Calendar is the primary listing of SDWG events
- NDWG ES Academy Aug 3-6. Tracks for Ground Search and Rescue (GSAR), Mission Aircrew, and sUAS.
- Region Cadet Leadership School, August 7-13, Online
- CAP National Conference August 17-19, Bellevue, Washington
- Region Color Cadet Competition Academy, Aug 25-27, Online
- Onine Wing Command Leadership Development course, 26-27 August
- SAREX Sept 9, Custer